10-Week Lecture Series: ‘Create Self-Love through Yoga and Ayurveda Rituals’ with Alex
Sep 21-Dec 07, 2019
Please register here.
It is also possible to drop in to the lectures for a price of 12€ per class.
Yogis with flatrates and USC-members pay 4€ additionally for each lecture.
Changed dates! There will be no lectures on Oct 05 and Oct 12. Instead the Lecture Series will run two weeks longer until Dec 07.
In this 10-week exploration we will look at two basic concepts of ayurveda and yoga. One is the daily routines (dinarcharya) and how those daily routines are backed up through the yamas and niyamas of Patanjali.
One is are the daily routines (dinarcharya) and how those daily routines are backed up through the Yamas and Niyamas of Patanjali.
Your practice has brought you on a path. And you have a chance to dive deeper into radiance, self-love and trust as well as longevity by tweaking your day to day life a bit more through these simple rituals.
What you will learn in this lecture series:
- How do we function and what are our habits that block our way into self love? (September 21)
- Prakruti – your personal make-up as a unique human being. (September 28)
- Stealing from yourself through lack of sleep (asteya). (October 19)
- The early bird will find a deeper connection – without much effort (brahmamuhurta and brahmacharya). (October 26)
- Acrobatic practices vs breath body practices. (November 02)
- Mitahara – what happens when we start eating at the right times. (November 09)
- Polishing your own jewels – how to awaken, nourish and protect your innate gifts. (November 16)
- Cohesion and self-trust in your hands (abhyanga). (November 23)
- The joy of living. (November 30)
- “You are the universe” – perspectives on meditation within the yogic and ayurvedic system. (December 07)
Alexandra was born in Germany and moved to Ireland for 14 years where she owned a studio and massage clinic. In her 20s she picked up yoga due to her critical health. In her 30s she got introduced to Ayurveda and its common health practices. After her first teacher certification (2002) she deepened her studies with Natanaga Zhander (Shandor Remete) and his wife Emma Balnaves through the Shadow Yoga practice. In 2009 she completed her Shadow Yoga Teacher training and is a dedicated teacher.