10-Week Lecture Series: ‚Create Self- Love through Yoga and Ayurveda Rituals’
Sep 21-Nov 30, 2019
Please register here.
It is also possible to join only some of the lectures for a price of 12€ per class.
Yogis with flatrates and USC-members pay 4€ additionally for each lecture.
In this 10 weeks exploration in form of lectures, we are looking at two basic concepts of ayurveda and yoga. One is the daily routines (dinarcharya) and how those daily routines are backed up through the yamas and niyamas of Patanjali.
Your practice has brought you on a path. And you have a chance to dive deeper into radiance, self-love and trust as well as longevity by tweaking your day to day life a bit more through these simple rituals.
What you will learn in this lecture series:
- How do we function and what are our habits that block our way into self love?
- Prakruti – your personal make-up as a unique human being.
- Stealing from yourself through lack of sleep (asteya).
- The early bird will find a deeper connection – without much effort (brahmamuhurta and brahmacharya).
- Acrobatic practices vs breath body practices.
- Mitahara – what happens when we start eating at the right times.
- Polishing your own jewels – how to evoke your sense to retreat from them.
- Cohesion and self-trust in your hands (abhyanga).
- The joy of living.
- You are the universe – perspectives on meditation within the yogic and ayurvedic system.
Alexandra Kreis was born in Germany and moved to Ireland for 14 years where she owned a studio and massage clinic. In her 20s she picked up yoga due to her critical health. In her 30s she got introduced to Ayurveda and its common health practices. After her first teacher certification (2002) she deepened her studies with Natanaga Zhander (Shandor Remete) and his wife Emma Balnaves through the Shadow Yoga practice. In 2009 she completed her Shadow Yoga Teacher training and is a dedicated teacher.