This morning challenge is held in English. This is why the below information is in English.
2-week morning challenge: „Yoga & Voice“ with Joanna Kupnicka
Dec 11-22, 2022
Studio Sonne (Sonnenallee 67) & ONLINE
This 2-week morning challenge is held Online via Zoom and in Studio Sonne. You will receive the Zoom-Info to join the morning challenge online together with your booking confirmation via e-mail
Please register here.
The voice is an essential part of our personality. Every voice is as unique as a fingerprint. Just like breathing and speaking, singing is a natural expression of the human being, without actually having to think about it. However, often our prejudices about our voice get in the way.
In this morning challenge you can learn more about voice training and singing and practice yoga at the same time. It’s about the connection between voice, breath and mood. We will prepare for sounding and singing through a strengthening and playful vinyasa yoga practice. During these practices, we will playfully integrate our voice, improvise and celebrate the joy of singing.
In the two weeks you will receive theoretical and practical input from classical voice training, a deeper understanding of pranayama and asanas and their effect on the body and a few songs and mantras to play around with.
Introduction to the function of the voice on a psychological and physiological level:
– How does the interaction of breath and sound work?
– How does the body function as a resonance space?
– What does it actually mean to sound authentic and free?
– Deeper immersion in pranayama and heart-opening yoga asanas for a more conscious breath.
– Exercises in voice physiology to become more aware of voice and inner attitude.
– With what prejudices do we approach our own voice?
– Individual questions and reflection on the past weeks.
– What has changed during the Challenge?
Joanna Kupnicka is a musician and singer, teacher of singing and yoga, choir leader and nature lover. She has been practising yoga for 20 years and teaching Hatha – and Vinyasa yoga for 10 years with a focus on precise and individual alignment. She had her first mystical choral experiences as a child in the church choir. Since then it has been a great passion to work with polyharmonies. Hardly any other music is as powerful and beautiful as the sound of voices together.