7-Week Course: Chakra Vinyasa with Brigitte
Apr 07-May 26, 2019
Studio Sonne, Sonnenallee 67
No class on easter (Apr 21), 8 weeks instead.
Please register here.
The sanskrit word Chakra means “wheel of light” and signifies one the of seven basic energy centers in the body. The Chakra System can be seen as a representation of different aspects of our life affecting on a physical, psychological, energetic and spiritual level.
In this 7-week journey through our Chakra system we move from the physical into the subtle, maybe towards new dimensions and back to the essence.
Each week we concentrate on one Chakra: all sessions include a theoretical part about the influence and themes of the Chakra as well as an activating, balancing and nourishing practice. Our Chakra Vinyasa practice will be a creative and wisely-sequenced flow which places an emphasis on the stimulation of a particular energy wheel and works with the innate intelligence of each pose. We will also integrate chakra-based meditation, mantra, mudra and pranayama. There will be time for thoughts, questions and answers.
The Seven Chakras
1. Chakra Muladhara (Root Chakra): Basic Trust & Stability
2. Chakra Swadhisthana (Sacral Chakra): Sensuality, Vitality & Abundance
3. Chakra Manipura (Solar Plexus Chakra): Self-Confidence & Strength
4. Chakra Anahata (Heart Chakra): Love, Compassion & Devotion
5. Chakra Vishudda (Throat Chakra): Self-Expression & Communication
6. Chakra Ajna (Third Eye Chakra): Intuition, Clarity & Insight
7. Chakra Sahasrara (Crown Chakra): Connection & Spirituality
“The Chakra System is a map for the journey through life.”
This course is open to all levels. Please bring a notebook and a pen for your notes.
Brigitte Reheis is originally from Austria, where she has been practicing Yoga since 2007, qualifying as a Multi-Style Hatha Yoga Teacher with alpine-yoga in 2014. She considers it as a gift to accompany students on their yoga-path and to share the physical and mental benefits of yoga. Trainings in breath-body-mind techniques, pregnancy yoga, Thai yoga massage and trauma-sensitive yoga broadened her horizons and the understanding of the human body. Apart from yoga she works as a social worker with refugees.