We invite you to our newborn yellow yoga community center in the Odenwald forest in the heart of Germany (about one hour away from Heidelberg) for a 5-day/6-night retreat with daily kundalini, yin, restorative, power yoga, or breathing practice, hiking excursions, massages, bonfires, singing circles and gong meditations. Connect with your inner strength, with mother earth and your ancestors and open a room for your own transformation and self-healing.
About the yellow yoga „Gebhardshütte„
Hidden in the Odenwald forest directly on the hiking path Nibelungensteig the founder of yellow yoga Claudia and her family found a place that was previously a hiking hotel and restaurant called „Gebhardshütte“. This place has started to grow slowly but steadily since the last 2 years. It is located away from civilization with plenty of space in the garden, a large cozy farmer’s kitchen with a dining room for 28 people, several balconies, lovingly designed rooms and a yoga room for 14 yogis. The equipment is rather simple and authentic, do not expect it to be luxuriously perfect:) We collected vintage furniture and with little money and love made this place accessible to our community. Our retreats in the „Gebhardshütte“ are intended as community retreats based on karma yoga, i.e. we cook together and everyone helps out where they can. This allows us to enable longer retreats with more programs for as little money as possible.
- At least 2 yoga classes per day, open to all levels. The classes are taught in English.
- Many different yoga styles: kundalini, yin, restorative, power yoga, vinyasa.
- Daily pranayama and/or daily meditation practice.
- Time for group exchanges.
- Yoga theory and philosophy.
- Workshops, excursions, and rituals.
- Bonfire and barbecue evenings.
- Karma yoga: Have fun cooking together.
- The experience of a day of silence.
- The possibility of massage treatments (they cost extra).
- Unlimited drinking water, herbal teas and fresh fruit.
- Delicious vegetarian/vegan organic food, some vegetables come directly from the garden.
- In addition to yoga, you can also take relaxing walks, enjoy the wonderful nature and take small hikes in the surrounding area.
- With good weather, we can organize excursions to the Euter- or Marbach lake (travel costs extra).
- A great time!
The total price with accommodation and full catering for 5 days/6 nights is € 340 in a tent, € 370 in a 3/4 bedroom, € 400 in a double room and € 490 in a single room.
|90€ – 270€||Accommodation for 6 nights per person: |
– 15 € x 6 = 90 € in the tent
– 20 € x 6 = 120 € in 3 or 4 bedroom with each own bathroom (3-bedr. with balcony)
– 25 € x 6 = 150 € in a double room with its own sink (shared bathroom)
– 45 € x 6 = 270 € in a single room with its own sink (shared bathroom)
Payment on arrival. Bed linen, yoga buildings and final cleaning are included in the price. Massages, sweatlodge, and excursions by car can optionally be used/organized, but cost extra.
|150 €||Delicious fresh vegetarian or vegan (mostly organic) food (morning snack & brunch & warm 3-course dinner/30 € per day).|
|100€||Classes (payment on site directly to the teachers)|
The journey can be organized by yourself (e.g. with 9€ ticket). For the people from Berlin, we already bought Deutsche Bahn group trip-ICE tickets for a total of € 80 including reservations, which can be used (see below).
There is the possibility for free accommodation and food for working hours for the yellow yoga project. Write to us at info@yellowyoga
Reservation and payments
1st installment € 150 immediately to confirm your place
2nd installment on-site in cash: € 100 for the teachers, between 90 € and € 270 for the accommodation, possibly 80 € for the train ticket.
Reserve your spot HERE.
How to get there
Starting from Berlin, we already bought Deutsche Bahn group trip-ICE tickets for a total of € 80 including reservations, which can be used. Payment of the tickets is on-site in the Gebhardshütte.
- Departure: Thursday, 04.08.22, 12:18 Departure Berlin Ostbahnhof – 17:57 arrival in Beerfelden Hetzbach.
- Return: Tuesday, 09.08.22, 12:06 Departure Erbach (Odenw) – 17.39 arrival in Berlin Ostbahnhof.
If you want to organize your travel individually (e.g. with a 9 € ticket): The final station is „Erbach“(Odw.) – with onward journey by bus to „Bullau“.
This is the googlemap. Important! Arrival by car via the village of Bullau (otherwise navigation might send you through the forest).
yellow yoga is a non-profit project and we do our best to offer the lowest price possible and we rely on the commitment of all participants. Reserving your space is binding and the retreat fee cannot be refunded in case of non-participation. If you need to cancel you have the option of organizing another yogi to take your place (fee 20,00 €). This option is only available up to 4 days before the retreat (replacements on such short notice means a lot of re-organisation of transport, invoices, accommodation, etc.).