Online 10-week course “Own your practice” with Eric Leclercq
Oct 17-Dec 19, 2022
This course is held Online via Zoom.
Please register here.
You will receive the Zoom-Info to join the course together with your booking confirmation via e-mail. Yellow yoga will record the course and the recording will be available to watch for 48h for all yogis.
Join Éric this Fall for “Own Your Practice”, a 10 week course to make you more confident and independent in your own yoga practice! Tailored for yogis who are interested in exploring key themes of the modern yoga world within a group container, the course offers weekly 2h sessions of practice, theory, and discussions.
These questions and more will be addressed:
- Will I ever be flexible or strong enough to be a “good yogi”?
- How can I sustainably build my personal practice?
- How can I adapt what I’m taught so that it fits me better?
- How are my habits and values reflected in my practice?
- What are the dynamics at play in a yoga class?
This course will help shape your personal practice into something that stays adapted to your needs and desires throughout your life.
What you will get from this course:
- being part of a group of curious and committed yogis
- practice in a safe container with a mix of structure and freedom
- exploration of key paradigms of modern yoga using yogic teachings, science, and critical thinking
- weekly summary emails and recording of sessions (don’t stress if you miss a session)
- reading and watching material to deepen the explored topics
Week 1 – Introduction
Week 2&3 – Body
– Every-body is different
– Listening to your body: proprioception & interoception
– Flexibility & strength, mobility & stability
Week 4&5 – States
– Internal states and landscape
– Edges and intentions
– Tools for self-regulation
Week 6&7 – Movement
– Thinking about what asanas are
– Alignment cues or invitations to move
– Finding your own sequences
Week 8&9 – Context
– Yoga in a socio-historical context
– Teachers, lineages, authority
– Authenticity or consumerism?
Week 10 – Wrap Up
The exact order and content of the modules can be subject to change. Some prior knowledge of yoga is preferred (from A+ level on).
If you’ve already participated in the “Own Your Practice” morning challenge this course can help you refresh or deepen what you’ve experienced.
Éric worked for a decade in computer security, and one day randomly stepped into a studio for his first yoga class. He ended up crying during Shavasana. A few years later he started teaching in that same studio, yellow yoga. You can find his teacher manifesto here.