3-Week Morning Challenge: Yoga Essentials
Explore the Fundamental Elements of Yoga with Anya Kinneavy
Sep 04-22, 2017
Please register HERE
This 3-week morning intensive course will explore the major elements of yoga. Each day will include a well-rounded physical yoga practice with a particular focus and will conclude with a guided meditation to let you startthe day centred, calm and clear.
– What does it mean to practice yoga? What are we really doing?
– Alignment in the key asanas & your body
– A detailed look at the sun salutations
– What we really mean with om, namaste, and more…
– Energetics: nadis and chakras
– The purpose and practice of meditation
– The breath
– Bringing yogic clarity into your daily life
We will look at key yogic concepts: the underlying philosophy, the 8 limbs of the yoga path, key concepts such as sthira sukham asanam, ‘seeing through the filter’(avidya) and the purpose and practice of meditation. Physically, we will look at key alignment techniques and explore the breath, we will experience how to move in a healthy way and how to adapt the poses to suit your own individual body.
Weeks 2 and 3
We will delve beyond the physical ‘layer’ to explore the body’s energetics
– nadis, chakras – and how they relate to our psychology, emotions and daily life. We will deepen our journey into meditation and explore how our practice on the mat can merge positively with our daily life.
This morning practice is for anyone who wants to create a solid foundation of understanding of the ‘bigger picture’ of yoga, anyone who wants to ask questions and get answers, and anyone who wants to bring a greater depth and confidence into their future yoga practice.
Anya Kinneavy was born and raised on the north east coast of England and moved to Berlin 6 years ago. Since then, she has taught large groups in Berlin and as a guest teacher in several centres around the world including Thailand and Bali. She practices and teaches the whole path of yoga; – its valuable, ancient philosophy, its incredible benefits both physical and mental and its ability to enrich every aspect of our lives – both on and off the mat.