Grow your Lotus – 3-Week Hatha Morning Practice dedicated to Padmasana, the Lotus Pose with Amanda
Jun 12 – 30, 2017
Padmasana is the archetypal yoga pose and a great metaphor for the unfolding process of yoga itself. It gives various physical benefits: increases circulation in the lumbar spine, nourishes and tones the abdominal organs, strengthens the ankles and legs, and increases flexibility in the hips. More than this, it’s a powerful heart opener and like no other asana gives a deep sense of calmness, rootedness, stability and natural alignment. When mastered it quiets the brain and draws your awareness inside, transforming the body in the silent abode of the soul. Helpful in the practice of pranayama and meditation, it can be combined with other asanas in the advanced practice.
– anatomy: feet and ankles
– basic exercises to strengthen and soften the feet
– basic exercises to strengthen and structurally balance ankles and knees
– basic exercises to strengthen and open the hips
– the art of sitting: roots and growth in seated postures
– anatomy: knees and hips
– anatomical patterns in hip openers
– asana practice for padmasana
– ardha padmasana
– Padmasana as the archetypical asana: about the meaning of asana and seated posture in the history of yoga
– ardha padmasana and padmasana in the asana practice – advanced*
– pranayama and meditation in ardha padmasana or padmasana
Find further infos here.
Please register here (please note the name of the course you want to register for and your name and surname).