3-Week Morning Challenge: Yoga Essentials
Explore the Fundamental Elements of Yoga with Anya Kinneavy
Sep 04-22, 2017
Studio Sonne, Sonnenallee 67
This 3-week morning intensive course will explore the major elements of yoga. Each day will include a well-rounded physical yoga practice with a particular focus and will conclude with a guided meditation to let you start the day centred, calm and clear.
– What does it mean to practice yoga? What are we really doing?
– Alignment in the key asanas & your body
– A detailed look at the sun salutations
– What we really mean with om, namaste, and more…
– Energetics: nadis and chakras
– The purpose and practice of meditation
– The breath
– Bringing yogic clarity into your daily life
We will look at key yogic concepts: the underlying philosophy, the 8 limbs of the yoga path, key concepts such as sthira sukham asanam, ‘seeing through the filter’(avidya) and the purpose and practice of meditation. Physically, we will look at key alignment techniques and explore the breath, we will experience how to move in a healthy way and how to adapt the poses to suit your own individual body.
Weeks 2 and 3
We will delve beyond the physical ‘layer’ to explore the body’s energetics
– nadis, chakras – and how they relate to our psychology, emotions and daily life. We will deepen our journey into meditation and explore how our practice on the mat can merge positively with our daily life.
Find more information here
Please register here.
10-Week Course: Shadow Yoga
Introduction to Shadow Yoga with Alexandra Kreis
Sep 15-Nov 17, 2017
Gelber Raum, Mariannenstr. 48
135 €/ Präventionskurs
Shadow Yoga – short for ‘Hatha Yoga in Shadow Style’ – is a unique style, that has taken into account the western lifestyle, while staying true to traditional hatha yoga texts. The structural approach brings clarity and empowers the student to establish self trust, intuition, and a home practice.
In this course we will start with the first prelude – the basic form of building strength in vital regions of the body. To build a sensible practice, the practitioner first needs to learn to reign in the limbs and fluidly synchronise the breath with movements, gain a good understanding of how to breathe in ujayi and learn the bandhas. Every class will finish with an easy asana and cool down exercises.
This course is a Präventationskurs, find more information here
Please register here