Nov 26-Dec 14, 2018
Who are you? What are you made out of? Are you your body? Your thoughts? Your ideology? Your feelings? Your profession? Your vibe? Is one more important to you than another? The yoga philosophy understands the human self through five layers – The 5 Koshas.
In this 3-week morning challenge, we will travel through the 5 layers of the self, moving from the physical into the subtle and back. We will look at the relationship between the different layers of our being. As we work with various practices such as yoga asana, meditation, yin, dance, and Feldenkrais we will try to bring clarity and space to our own richness.
– What are the 5 Koshas?
– How do they relate to my practice? How do they relate to my life outside of my yoga mat?
– Exploring the two first Koshas: Annamaya Kosha (the physical body) and Pranamaya Kosha (the breath).
– Getting in touch with our third and forth Koshas: Manomaya Kosha (the mind) and Vijnanamaya Kosha (the wisdom).
– Is my mind different than my intellect? My thoughts different than my knowledge?
– Refining our attention and clarity through the practice of mindful meditation.
– Exploring the inner and deepest Kosha: Anandamaya Kosha (the bliss)
– What is Bliss? Do I want that?
– How do the 5 Koshas relate to each other?
– How to integrate the learning in our daily life?
This morning challenge is open to all levels. Please, bring a small notebook and a pen for your notes.
More information here
Please register here
10-Week Course: Shadow Yoga with Alexandra Kreis
Nov 02, 2018-Jan 18, 2019
(Christmas break on Dec 21 and 28, 2018)
Gelber Raum, Mariannenstr. 48
Traditionally speaking there are only two kinds of yoga: The left-hand and the right-hand path. The right-hand path is known as Hatha Yoga with the goal of achieving Raja Yoga (the highest yoga). Shadow Yoga refers to the traditional view of Hatha Yoga and its groundwork (forms that are also termed preludes) build to assist the practitioner in climbing the mountain of Raja Yoga slowly, persistently and steadily. As you can imagine being able to climb a mountain, you have to prepare the body and mind bit by bit to not get lost or to get exhausted before you arrive.
There is also the possibility to book this course as an Präventationskurs, find more information on the website.
Find more information here
Please register here